Our Mission Statement
Transformations Hair & Body is committed to exceed the expectations of our guests and our community, to always be focused on our relationships by creating a sublime experience in beauty from the inside out. Utilizing Passion and education, we are here to help you to Transform as you Transform.
Below you can read the resumes of our Team. We’d love to get to know you personally, so stop by and meet us!
Debbie Dolittle, Owner
"I opened Transformations Hair and Body 19 years ago with a goal to serve our guests by creating a sublime experience that would exceed their expectations and to create a team that shared my dream. I believe I've achieved that goal. I am in awe everyday when I see my team creating and going beyond our guest's expectation of their vision of how they wanted to look and feel. When I asked each of my team why they wanted to be in this profession, each of them said because they wanted to make people feel and look great!
We stay active in our community by volunteering or donating to various organizations such as Saint Baldricks, Relay for Life, AIDS Ride and more.
Continuing education is a must for us... we are inspired and love the creativity that it brings to us so we can bring it to you. We pride ourselves on being inviting and friendly to everyone. I hear from clients daily how much they love our space and how warm and welcoming it is, they say it truly 'feels like a getaway.' Along with all hair services, we do manicures, pedicures, hair removal and Facials. We have levels of talent: Junior stylist, stylist, senior stylist and master stylist, with a different price point for each."
- Licensed in NY since 2006
- Attended Paul Mitchell School of Cosmetology in FL
- Certified in Simply Smooth keratin straightening system
- Pursuing Goldwell Certified Color Specialist
Why Cosmetology? "I picked cosmetology because not only do I come from a family of hairdressers, I love to make people feel beautiful and give them an unforgettable experience. I am very passionate about this industry and working with such amazing people. Love my Transformers!"
In one Guest's words: "Before I found Dee, I would go to the hit-or-miss salons and never had "a" stylist. After my first cut with Dee I was hooked -- that was several years ago. From her perfectly intense scalp massage, a simple trim, drastic cut, full-on color to sun-kissed highlites, I have never left her chair unhappy. Whether I know exactly what I want done or walk in and say "do whatever," she gets it right every time. Not only is she a great stylist, Dee doubles as a therapist, confidant and true friend. It's no surprise that all of my co-workers, several friends and family members are now clients too. She's awesome!" ~Lindsey Chaffee
- Licensed in NY since 2002
- Licensed in PA since 2008
- Certified in Goldwell Master Colorist, Essential Wax system, Bio Ionic straightening system, Simply Smooth keratin straightening system, Specialize in chemical relaxers.
- Pursuing Bachelors degree at TC3
Why Cosmetology? "I love what I do. I have the opportunity and ability to make people feel good about themselves. How many people can say that about their job? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I make that saying a reality."
In one Guest's words: "...A special thanks to Amber that did my hair on my wedding day. Having curly hair myself has always been a real challenge for stylist and I have had my share of bad hairdos. But I'm IN LOVE with how my hair turned out, and it was all Amber's idea. The day before the wedding she blow dried my hair out and flat ironed it and it was the straightest I have ever seen it! It was absolutely the talk of the town, and even my own parents didn't recognize me. What a treat!" ~Katrina
- Licensed in NY since 2004, MA since 2006, NC since 2010
Specialized Training in L'oreal INOA color line, Coppola Keratin straightening system
Pursuing: Goldwell Certified Color Specialist
Award: 2007 Improper Bostonian's "Best Men's Haircut"
"I grew up around the field and have had a passion for hair since I was a small child. Anyone that knew me as a kid will verify that I constantly played with their hair."
In one Guest's words: "I've lived in Ithaca on and off my whole life and have tried many stylists at the nicest and most expensive salons in town, but there's simply no one in this town like Brent. After my first cut, I knew I would never try another stylist. He spent so much time talking to me about what I wanted, and my hair has never looked better. Brent has a real knowledge of multiple techniques and he seems to genuinely be doing this because he loves it. This comes across in his professionalism and the time he takes, as well as his friendly personality. You feel like you are truly in the hands of a highly trained professional, who tells you what's realistic and what's not, and you're never disappointed. Brent simply cuts hair better than anyone I've gone to, both here in Ithaca or when I lived in Boston for several years. I've finally found my stylist, and my husband and most of my friends are hooked too!" ~Rebecca Leistikow
- Licensed in NY since 2005
- Certified in Pantegen facials, Essentials Waxing System including face and full body waxing, Goldwell Color Specialist.
- Awards: U.S.A Competitor 2 years (placed 3rd)
- Actively pursuing: Goldwell Master Colorist
Why Cosmetology? Cosmetology is my passion. The art of being able to make a person feel better about the way they look is amazing to me. The whole beauty industry provides experiences that I love, like being able to provide an awesome experience for my client. I love being able to be myself and be creative through my job!
In one Guest’s words:
I have to say how much I look forward to my appointments with Samantha…she can take a stressful day, do her magic & make me feel & look great! She definitely knows her chemistry and I trust her totally! ~Lori R.
- Licensed in New York State 2009
- Specialized Training in full body waxing, facials, manicures and pedicures
- Pursuing certification for Color Specialist
- Special Recognition: named Student of the Year
Why cosmetology? “While attending cosmetology school, I realized how much I enjoyed cutting, coloring, doing facials, manicures and pedicures. That it is my passion - to be able to use my skills in helping others feel better about themselves. What better way to live life than to live your passion!”
In one Guest’s words: “I truly enjoy Tasha as my hairstylist because after having my hair colored and highlighted by several different stylists she got it right. For several years I have been unhappy with the color of my hair, but when Tasha did it for the first time she got it right and continues to do so. I am in love with the color she chose. She is also able to help me with the cut of my hair. I periodically get bored with the way my hair is cut and I can go to Tasha with a vague idea and she will tell me “yes it will work” or “no we should try this”. She is very vivacious and it is a joy to have her as my stylist.” ~Terri Miner
- Licensed in New York State, May 2012
- Certified at TST BOCES Career & Tech Center for Cosmetology. Educated in Diva Curl.
- Pursuing an A.S. in Exercise Studies at TC3
- Special Recognitions: Highest achiever 1st and 2nd year, TST BOCES and runner up for student of the year. National Technical Honor Society.
Why Cosmetology? “I have a passion for creating with hair and all areas of this field such as manicures, pedicures and waxing. I am excited to learn more by continuing education in all areas of Cosmetology so that I can be the best at what I do in this field. I love working with people and getting to know them and I get to do that by to help them to feel and look great! I am grateful that I am able to do all of this in my career as a Cosmetologist.”
In one Guest’s words: “I had thought about writing after my first visit to Transformations Hair & Body, but life is busy and I didn't follow through. I have been back twice since then and have been very pleased each time I have left the salon! Emily is extremely conscientious and has proven her skills during each of my appointments; I feel great about my color and the good care I receive at Emily's hands. The salon itself is very peaceful, despite the many clients that pass through the door, and the staff is incredibly pleasant and friendly. My experience with Emily has been excellent, and I will continue to be a repeat customer. I am a very satisfied client.” ~Sandra Stoel-Bulkley
- Licensed in NYS since 2005
- Licensed in California August 2011
- Certified Goldwell Master Colorist, Essential Wax system, education in Deva Curl, Simply Smooth keratin straightening system.
Why Cosmetology? I’ve always been attracted to the world of fashion. Creating style for myself and others with a new look is my passion, changing a person’s look is my specialty! I’m thankful to have such a broad range of clientele experience which allows me the versatility in creating any hair style my clients like.
In one Guest’s words: “Jemima listens to what I want for my hair cut or color and interprets that in her creative, trendy way. She is fun and professional as well as innovative and knowledgeable about what suits types of hair and face shapes. I leave with a smile on my face and a bounce in my step”.
Liseced in NYS since 2006
Certified Goldwell Master Colorist, Essencial Wax Sysem, Simply Smooth Straightening System,
Why Cosmetology? I have an eye for detail, and a passion for making people look and feel great! It is everyone's right to want to be the best version of themselves and I get to help them get there.
In one Guest words: I’ve lived in Ithaca for 18 years and have had many stylists over the years. Most of them didn’t last long and when I finally found a stylist I liked, she switched careers and I was left again looking for the perfect stylist. I usually keep my hair on the short side and it has always been a challenge to get a quality “short cut”. On the advice of a couple of my friends, I went to see Naomi. I was hooked after the first cut! Not only did she have great advice for a new cut, she also gave me some tips on how to keep my short cut looking great and her eyebrow waxing skills are top notch as well. I bring my kids to her for haircuts too and they love her – my oldest daughter was inspired by Anne Hathaway’s super short cut and Naomi was able to cut it exactly right – my daughter LOVED IT!! I’ve been seeing Naomi for quite awhile now and whether it is just for a trim or advice on a totally different look, I have always been exceptionally pleased with the results. Thanks NAOMI, you’re amazing! ~Melanie
Massage Therapist, LMT
Graduate of Finger Lakes School of Massage in 2000. Since becoming licensed, Jenny has had the experience of working in a wide range of environments including chiropractic offices, spa industries and integrative healing centers. In her journey's she has developed a signature massage which combines a rich blend of Eastern and Western modalities including deep tissue therapy, Thai massage, Reiki and Active Isolated Stretching. At the age of 23, Jenny found a new love of Yoga and is now a registered Yoga instructor, graduate of Asheville Yoga Center. Combining her experiences of different massage modalities with yoga, Jenny will help assist you to feel more centered and more relaxed, whether you have a specific injury or issue or are in need of some deep relaxation. She is dedicated to serve each individual for their specific needs and to help the client build awareness in their bodies and minds so they can continue to feel good and heal after the massage.
Jamie Dal Cero - Salon Coordinator
- Why Salon Coordinator? "Opportunity to join the cosmetology field in an administrative role and it is exciting to be a part of the best salon in Ithaca."
- Why Transformations Hair & Body? "Having spent over 10 years in varying office environments, it was a welcome change to join the Transformations Hair & Body team to work with some of the best hair professionals in Ithaca and to meet some of the best people/clients out there."
- Attended - Candor High School, Tompkins Cortland Community College
AS Liberal Arts General Studies Business/Marketing, lives in Trumansburg, held various positions at Cornell University.
Debi Hoover - Receptionist
- Why Receptionist? - "Customer service is very important to me especially in the small business world. I have excellent customer service skills and the ability to contribute to every client's salon experience here at Transformations Hair & Body!"
- Why Transformations Hair & Body? - "I have been coming to Transformations Hair & Body for over 5 years and love being transformed by Dee!! What a great atmosphere the salon has!"
- Attended - Dryden High School, Tompkins Cortland Community College AAS Business Administration, lives in Trumansburg, Current Branch Manager of Tompkins Trust Company.
- Why Receptionist? - "Atmosphere is a huge part of a the salon
experience and I love being part of making someone feel comfortable, relaxed and cared for during their visit to Transformations.
- Why Transformations Hair & Body? - "I have been a client of Amber's for years now and she really helped me branch out to experiment with different colors and cuts. It's amazing having a stylist that you have a relationship with and that's what I what I feel with Transformations!
- Attended - N. Smithfield Jr/Sr High School, University of Massachusetts-Amherst BA Women's Studies, lives in Ithaca, Current Assistant Director of Education at Planned Parenthood of the Southern Finger Lakes.